If we’ve learned anything from our past, it’s that strong women get things done.
They stand up for what they believe in, make changes happen and achieve their dreams despite obstacles.
We’ve gathered the most inspiring, motivating, and empowering independent women quotes that will help you build confidence and go after your goals.
So cheers to all you strong, independent ladies out there who are unafraid to blaze their own trail – this one is for you!
Who needs these independent women quotes?
If you’re struggling to find your place in the world, need a little boost of courage, or can use some extra empowerment to get your goals moving forward then these independent women quotes are for you.
Independent women who want to be successful and move up in their careers will also love these empowering messages.
The best part about this list is that anyone can benefit from it – no matter who you are or what direction your life is going.
Each quote will give you a little inspiration to press on, remind you that you’re not alone, and let you know that the only one holding yourself back from success is you.
When looking at other successful people, remember to look at their choices as well as their circumstances.
In the end, very few people have the same life circumstances, but it’s how you respond to those circumstances that make all the difference.
By nature, humans are conditioned to believe they’re powerless and dependent on external forces for happiness and success which leaves them constantly searching for outside fulfillment.
But you don’t need others to make yourself happy or to fulfill your potential – only you can do that.
And these independent women quotes will help you do just that!
Related Post:75 Best Attitude Status and Quotes for Whatsapp
50 Independent Women Quotes to Make You Feel Strong, Powerful, and Successful
If you are ready to move past your fears, put an end to self-doubt, and establish a life that you love then here are the best women quotes for you:
1. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken – and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
2. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
3. “I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all, I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” ― Agatha Christie
4. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
5. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
6. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” ― Jane Austen
7. “Sometimes you have to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything – whatever is bringing you down – get rid of it. Because you will find that when you are free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” ― Tina Turner
8. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
9. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ― Lucille Ball
10. “Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. That’s why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise.” – Grace Hopper
11. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
12. “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” ―Maya Angelou
13. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” ―Mother Teresa
14. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” ― Oprah Winfrey
15. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want…If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
17. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” - Diane Ackerman
18. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” ― J.K. Rowling
19. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
21. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
22. “Make bold choices and make mistakes. It’s all those things that add to the person you become.” – Angelina Jolie
23. “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning” – Gloria Steinem
24. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ― Helen Keller
25. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” —Virginia Woolf
26. “If you’re not in the arena also getting your ass kicked, I’m not interested in your feedback.” —Brene Brown
27. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'” – Mary Anne Radmacher
28.“We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
29. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.” ― Taylor Swift
30. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn, and you would never grow.” – Beyonce Knowles
31. “I’m way too focused to let anything stop me.” – Britney Spears
32. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
33. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water!” – Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “She believed she could, so she did.” —R.S. Grey
35. “The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities. Maybe I’ll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won’t know until I do it.” ― Selena Gomez
36. “I think the older you get, the more you know about life, and the more you learn about yourself and you become comfortable in your own skin. So the older I’m getting, the more fun I’m having.” —Colbie Caillat
37. “I like looking and feeling good and having something that is mine.” – Carrie Underwood
38. “Let go of the things that make you feel dead! Life is worth living!” — Rihanna
39. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
40. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
41. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
42. “You can’t let fear paralyze you. The worse that can happen is you fail, but guess what: You get up and try again. Feel that pain, get over it, get up, dust yourself off, and keep it moving.” – Queen Latifah
43. “I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. … We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” –Malala Yousafzai
44. “I am thankful for my struggle because, without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
45. “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” – Taylor Swift
46. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” – Michelle Obama
47. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
48. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
49. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” –Janis Joplin
50.“I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.”— Florence Nightingale
Are you ready to share these Independent women quotes?
Now that you’ve seen the 50 independent women quotes, you might be able to find a quote that best suits your personality and your character.
After all, you’ve definitely earned the right to celebrate your own success.
You are strong, powerful, and successful! Remember that.
So, do you have a favorite quote from the list?
Which one of these quotes did you like best?
Did we miss any?
If so, please add it to the comments section. we’d love to hear your thoughts.