Taking photos of your family is a great way to capture memories.
But sometimes it can be hard to come up with something witty or clever to say as a caption.
We’ve all been there, you take an amazing photo of your family and then spend forever trying to come up with the perfect message.
And sometimes, you just can’t think of anything good.
Check out our list of 65 best family captions for your photos!
Whether you’re looking for a funny caption, a sweet sentiment, or something for your travels, we’ve got you covered.
Why add family captions?
Many people take photos that show their personalities and interests, but adding a caption helps share this with others.
Captions allow viewers to get to know you better, so it’s important they are not only clever but also give people a little insight into who you are.
When you show your personality, others can feel like they know you better.
You can also create memories that your family will cherish for years to come.
Your caption is also a fun way to express feelings such as love and gratitude or share important life events such as new babies, engagements, and weddings.
There are so many reasons why you should add captions to your family photos!
Related Post: 75 Fake Family Quotes to Make Your BS Radar Go Off
Funny Family Captions
When it comes to finding the best captions for your photos, not every message has to be serious.
Adding a fun and quirky message can create an image that will make people smile.
The following are our favorites:
1.” Never grow up. It’s a trap.”
2. “I am so lucky to have you as my family, and I’m even luckier because we’re next-door neighbors.”
3. “Family is everything except when they smell.”
4. “My family is slightly more dramatic than yours.”
5. “If you don’t like what you see, wait five minutes.”
6. “Behind every great kid is an even greater mom”
7. “I love my family because they put me in timeout when I misbehave”
8. “My family is the only one where every single member would make a great drinking buddy.”
9. “That awkward moment when your parents are younger than you”
10. “Like a fine wine, my parents just get better with age.”
11. “If you can’t say something nice about someone, then you must be talking about me.”
12. “Family: the people who love you even though they’re related to you.”
13. “I love my family as long as they don’t bother me.”
14. “When you have a crazy family, may as well go with the flow.”
15. “I’m not short, I’m fun-sized.”
16. “If I was a superhero my power would be seeing the world through rose-colored glasses.”
17. “Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend never had a sister.”
18. “My favorite thing about my sister is her brother.”
19. “My parents are just embarrassing enough to keep me grounded”
20. “Having two older brothers is like having twice the parents.”
21. “I may be little, but I have big ears that don’t miss anything.”
22. “Even superheroes need someone to clean their cape every once in a while.”
23. “I’m glad my parents are always there to embarrass me.”
24. “We’re all family when food’s involved.”
25. “I may have grown up in a small house, but I’ve always had a big heart.”
Inspiring Family Captions
Family captions don’t have to just be clever, they can also be inspiring.
These quotes are sure to bring a smile to anyone who looks at your photos:
26. “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what.”
27. “The most wonderful things in life can never be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.”
28. “There may be people that have more, but there’s no one who cares more than family.”
29. “A family is pieced together with hope and faith. A family is quilted and bound with love and grace.”
30. “Family, it’s not always about blood, but about the bond.”
31. “A family’s bond is stronger than chains.”
32. “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”
33. “I’m so lucky as can be, the world’s greatest Dad belongs to me!”
34. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a little while but her heart forever.”
35. “A house is made of walls and beams, A home is built with love and dreams.”
36. “Wherever you go, my heart will always follow.”
37. “A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.”
38. “A home is not a home because of the roof over your head; it’s the people in the house that make it a home.”
39. “A family is a team, every member is valuable.”
40. “There is no force more powerful than a mother’s love for her child.”
41. “You’re only as happy as your saddest child.”
42. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with family and friends.”
43. “In life, you don’t get what you wish for, you get what you work for, and I worked my butt off for this family.”
44. “Family is not about the number of people in your group; it’s about how they support you, pick you up when you are down and always make sure that no matter what happens, they will never let you fall.”
45. “A family can find hope after any defeat. Just wait and see.”
46. “Some people will always be your family, but not necessarily your blood relatives.”
47. “It doesn’t matter where you are, if you’re with your family, then you are at home.”
48. “Lossing someone you love is hard, but keeping the memory alive is harder.”
49. “When you lose hope, look into your family’s eyes.”
50. “The best inheritance a parent can give is unconditional love.”
51. “Family is a gift that you don’t always get to keep, but you will always cherish the memory.”
52. “Family isn’t just about loving one another. It’s about sticking together no matter what.”
53. “I always thought I could handle anything on my own until I realized that it takes a village to raise a child.”
54. “A father may not always think he’s funny, but there’s one thing he will always be…a hero to his children.”
55. “Childhood is the most beautiful time in our lives, but it’s so short. Cherish every moment.”
56. “A family is a circle of strength and love and learning, bound by traditions that help us remember who we are.”
Travel Family Captions
The family that travels together stays together!
These perfect travel quotes will express fond memories of your trips:
57. “I didn’t want to leave the city I was born in until I saw the world we live in.”
58. “We all have wings but some of us don’t know why. Some of us don’t even care.”
59. “No matter where you go or what you do, always remember that you aren’t alone because I am always with you.”
60. “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.”
61. “My favorite part of traveling is seeing how little I actually need to live.”
62. “I have not seen half the world, but I have seen half the people. The ones worth seeing, anyway.”
63. “I want to run barefoot through the grass with my children and feel the earth beneath their toes. I want to sit on a porch with them when they are old enough to have learned all the lessons in life they will ever need to know…and rock together in silence for no other reason than to be together.”
64. “There’s something adventurous about going where you’ve never been before, but there’s something magical about coming home at the end of the day.”
65. “Every new place I go, every new person I meet, and every new experience I have is a chance to begin again.”
These family captions are good for your Instagram posts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest photos, and more!
So try out these messages for your next family photo! Have fun and enjoy the memories!
Captions can make or break a photo.
They’re great for adding personality and fun to your images!
And sometimes it’s nice to take a step back and just enjoy the moment, without worrying about what to say.
That’s why adding a message is truly the best way to bring out your photos’ true beauty!
So try out these family captions for your next photo and see how much they enhance the quality!
And if you have your own best quote or want to add a new one, please share in the comments below!